On Saturday, November 2 and Sunday, November 3, kids can take a Working Bikes bike for a spin around the magical indoor playground at Redmoon Theater’s family-friendly fall event, Skelebration.
Skelebration will allow parents and children to interact for two hour-blocks with young live musicians, to play in Redmoon’s indoor park of swings and roller skates – roller skates provided, to build masks and shadow puppets and perform in Redmoon’s giant shadow world.
Come and explore a new kind of event open for kids of all ages, and devour the food provided by Whole Foods Market and Cabot Creamery Cooperative.An unforgettable, family-friendly event for parents and children to adventure together in a spectacular, exploratory environment of surprise and wonder. Amazing acrobats swing above our transformed space while you perform in gigantic shadow puppet shows, build skeleton masks to wear in a parade alongside Redmoon’s massive mobile DJ, play in an indoor park of swings and… more!
SKELEBRATION IN 7 EASY STEPS
1) Build your own shadow puppet and perform in Redmoon’s underwater shadow show
2) Make your own wild Momentary Opera mask and join our 25′ long DJ chariot for a massive parade
3) Ride your bike freely around our 57,000 square-foot warehouse space – or borrow one of our bikes!
4) Play in Redmoon’s indoor playground, ride on the swings, slide down the slide, take a ride on our bike and motorcycle carousels, or go for a lap around our disco roller rink – skates included!
5) Watch Laika’s Coffin, an award-winning, 10-minute four-person puppet opera
6) Listen to folk and rock music by various family acts and musical schools from across the city
7) 800 cheese sticks from Cabot Creamery Cooperative and 400 donuts from Glazed and Infused Donuts, as well as other snacks and goodies from Whole Foods.”
Redmoon Theater is located at 2120 S. Jefferson Street in Chicago. Skelebration begins at 11am and ends at 7pm. Tickets are $12 per child, $20 per adult, and free for kids aged 3 or younger.
For more information about this and other Redmoon events, visit their upcoming events page.