Register. Ask a Friend. Start a Team. Stop Diabetes.
Start Location: Two Brothers Roundhouse, Aurora
Event Manager: Jennifer Sloan and Lisa Poppe Adams
Phone: 1-888-DIABETES, x6573
Take the Ride of Your Life!
Tour de Cure is more than just a cycling event. It’s a life-changing event. A day full of fun and excitement where riders of all levels join forces in the fight to Stop Diabetes® and raise critical funds for diabetes research, education and advocacy in support of the American Diabetes Association.
Tour is a one-day ride, not a race, with routes designed for everyone: occasional riders, families and experienced cyclists. Route Distances range from 10, 20, 35, 62, or 100 miles and every route is supported with rest stops, food to fuel the journey, and fans to cheer on riders. This year, the Chicagoland Tour de Cure is being held at a new location- the Two Brothers Roundhouse in Aurora, IL.
Each rider is required to fundraise at least $200 to ride, and by raising the minimum $200 you will receive the following benefits:
- A Tour de Cure event t-shirt.
- An official 2013 Red Rider cycling jersey (if you qualify as a Red Rider).
- Fully supported Rest Stops and SAG support throughout each route.
- Breakfast, Lunch and an array of food and beverages at each Rest Stop.
- Improved long-distance routes and beautiful IL Prairie Path Routes.
- Kids Activities at the post-ride festival.
- Admission to the post-ride festival, including a beverage ticket (ages 21 and over) and live entertainment, held at Two Brothers Roundhouse.
- Access to an online Tour Center, complete with Fundraising Tools for iphone, android and facebook, training tips, and pre-written easy to use email templates.
Your fundraising and donations will help fund research to prevent, cure and manage diabetes; deliver
services to hundreds of communities; provide objective and credible information; and give voice to those denied their rights because of diabetes. View our “Your Dollars at Work” page to learn more.