Join our friends from Women Bike Chicago at their 6th annual Day of Dialogue and Demonstration on Saturday, April 18! Activities include:
- Bike Maintenance: Two sessions about basic bike maintenance taught by female bike mechanics. The morning class will cover how to fix a flat, and how to patch a tube, and how to use C02 bike pumps. The afternoon class will cover brake adjustments. Both sessions will cover how to build and what to put in your toolkit, how to check your bike for problems, and we’ll provide you with awesome resources! Advanced registration required.
- Practical Cycling: Do you want to learn how to use your bike to do the grocery shopping, run errands, and more? Check it out!
- Fashion: You would ride your bike but you don’t want to wear that black stretchy stuff? Some fashionable gals will tell you how to wear whatever you want when you ride your bike.
- Bike Fit/Bike Shop: Hate, hate, hate the idea of going to a bike shop because you just know those bikey guys are going to ignore you and/or talk down to you? Learn how to get what you want when you go to a shop, and learn a little about how to get a bike that fits you.
- Planning a Group Ride: Always wanted to plan a fun ride for your friends but not exactly sure how to do it? A seasoned group ride planner and leader will take you from route planning to riding.
- On Bike Safety + Ride: How to stay safe riding on city streets. The presenters are both League of American Bicyclists League Certified Instructors. Advanced registration required for the ride where you can test your new skills!
Plus, just by going you’ll be entered into a raffle for a chance to win a Working Bikes gift certificate/pint glass or other cool gear! The event goes from 9:30am-3:30pm at Dvorak Park, 1119 W. Cullerton St. in Chicago. More information is available on their webpage, here.